Friday, May 25, 2012

The Alphabet Challenge "A"

Almond Biscotti:
Coffee is a strongly rooted deity in my household, so any confection that somewhat honors its beauty is perfectly welcome here. Naturally, I'm talking about biscotti, the perfect little crunchy cookie that goes so well when dipped in a cappuccino or hot chocolate. I don't like taking pictures (I think it's a waste of time and it's usually awkward), so I'll just show you the picture from the recipe. I adapted it from the recipe posted by P4 on Food.com (http://www.food.com/recipe/almond-biscotti-51936), my only changes being the use of Frangelico (hazelnut liquor) and slivered almonds in place of whole almonds (friendlier on the teeth and more even distribution). It's a lovely recipe and very easy, almost too easy to satisfy my craving to do something. My only real complaint is that it tastes egg-y. I could just be overly sensitive to it, since I really hate the taste of eggs in anything but breakfast food, but it's a little off-putting to me. If you're not picky about egg-smells or you are capable of overpowering it with more alcohol, I strongly recommend this recipe. I still like the flavor and the texture is spot-on. In fact, I will probably make these again, perhaps with more frangelico or some cocoa powder to make it a little less egg-y. I'd try to take out an egg, but I'm convinced that that is where it gets it's beautiful texture and crispy, crunchy, chewiness.

Peace, love, and frosting,
Aubrey~

No comments:

Post a Comment